Interact Club of ITE College Central
Interact Club of ITE College Central is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young people. The program gives young people an opportunity to participate in fun, meaningful service projects while developing leadership skills and meeting new friends.
- Becoming befrienders, organizing entertainment/performances/games, organising festive celebrations and outings to 2 elderly centres @Marsiling and Toa Payoh;
- Overseas volunteering opportunity in Indonesia/Vietnam (new) to either assist in conducting fringe activities like storytelling, arts and crafts programmes, as well as multi-media coaching, to enhance the children’s learning experience or building water well/filtration system to better enhance the life of the villagers;
- Team building/workshop for the Interactors;
- Setting of charity booths and other community service activities.
Current Teacher Advisor: Denise Ho (Ms)
Interact Club of ITE College West
ITE College West Interact Club was set up in 1986. The club currently has about 40 active and non-active members.
The projects undertaken by the club are as follows:
1) Blood Donation Drive at CW
2) Bone Marrow Donation Program at CW
3) Interact sessions with elderly from SARAH Home SAC
4) Sports program with clients from MINDS
5) Partnership with Warriors FC in serving the elderly and intellectually disabled who are invited to the football club to watch their home games.
6) In 2015 – Plans in progress to conduct powerpoint lessons to the children from Sunbeam Children’s home.
7) Partner with People’s Association in conducting survey on the needs on elderly in CCK area.
In 2013, 15 students and 2 teacher advisors attended the RYLA at in Malaysia in December and members from the Rotary Club of Singapore North were in attendance to support them in their course to develop themselves for leadership roles in the future.
Current Teacher Advisor: Dai Wei Ming